23 / #3573
How to Keep it Under Control and Stay Healthy
Fun Fact: Did you know, airplane air is twice as dry as desert air?? Depending upon your gender/body type you can lose over a liter of water per hour on a flight. Gasp! You wouldn’t trek through the Sahara without your H2o now would you? Soo…
- Drink plenty of water before and during your flight. Health authorities commonly suggest 8-8oz. glasses of water daily for the average adult. Pace yourself while in transit.
- Many of us love our coffee BUT avoid caffeinated and carbonated beverages during your flight as they further dehydrate the body.
- Get your zzZZ’s. Sleep well leading up to the trip. Try not to pull all-nighters. Exhaustion is no good for the body’s immune system.
- Take an eye mask and neck pillow on your flight to sleep if it helps you get on track with your destination’s time zone.
- Flights can be long, so stretch and walk around frequently while in flight as to avoid cramping, clotting, or swelling.
- Take your Vitamin C in the days leading up to your trip. Carrying Emergen-C packets are very convenient.
- Eat healthy balanced meals pre-trip and chose the healthier meal options in-flight.
- Upon arrival after a long flight, try to stay awake until an early local bedtime.