10-20 / #3895
Be Aware of Your Surroundings
It is important to protect yourself by not giving out your personal contact information. We have found that when personal information is exchanged, it inevitably leads to a request for money or gifts of some kind. Although our service trips are founded in building relationships while sharing the love of Christ, we want to do so in a healthy manner.
Teams are not permitted to venture out from the hotels at night, without the trip leader's knowledge, for safety reasons. It is important that you stay together as a group. Please be aware of your surroundings, and keep your valuables secure.
- Be wise, dress sensibly, leave jewelry at home, and keep your camera and bags close to you.
- Please do not take photographs of the military, airports, or government buildings. You could have your camera confiscated.
- Keep your passport in a safe place, or on you at all times (such as in a travel pouch, a deep closable pocket, or a bag that is on your person or on the bus). Never leave it in an unsecured location.
- On location, apply sunscreen. Dress to avoid sunburn and heatstroke.
- Be mindful of your physical limits as to not overexert yourself.
- Apply insect repellant periodically.